Kailali Multiple Campus (KMC) was established in 1980 AD which is located in Dhangadhi, Kailali district of Nepal. KMC is affiliated with Tribhuvan University (TU) and approved by the University Grants Commission of Nepal. KMC offers Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree programs in Management, Humanities, and Education Faculties.
Consequently, Kailali Commerce Campus, which was later renamed as Kailali Multiple Campus, at the request of the people of Kailali, the Government of Nepal granted 27 bighas of land in the eastern part of Dhangadhi town where the Campus premises are located at present. Financial and other resources required for the establishment of the Campus were raised locally. Contribution to the Campus fund was made by the business community, social workers, the Kailali District Development Committee, Dhangadhi Municipality, and other segments of the society also liberally donated for this purpose.
KMC is QAA Certified Institution based on its historical performance, this campus was selected in 2008 by the University Grants Commission (UGC) through a national competition for participation in the Quality Assurance and Accreditation (QAA) process.
Kailali Multiple Campus MISSION
The mission of the campus is to provide access to higher education for the people of the Far West and the country with emphasis on ‘Janajatis’, ‘Dalits’, women, and other marginalized sections. With a view to its aim of evolving the campus into a regional university, the campus aspires to be an accredited institution of higher education, through focused efforts on the development of human resources, quality education, and physical infrastructure, and program extension activities.
VISION: To be a nationally recognized premier educational institution of Nepal through sustained efforts toward quality education, emphasis on the all-around development of the students, and dedication to serving the community.
GOALS: In order to achieve the vision and mission, the campus will strive to achieve some specific strategic goals i.e.
- Programme extension in line with the educational demands of Far Western Region.
- Continued efforts toward quality education and all round development of the students.
- Strengthen infrastructure base and human resource for upgrading the campus into a university.
- Qualify for accreditation from the UGC and maintain the accreditation status.
- Improve internal efficiency.
- Achieve sustainability by expanding the financial resource base.
- Socially responsible educational institution, maintain good relation with the community.
Historical Achievement: QAA Certification
KMC has set several landmarks in the educational history of the Far Western Region. The selection of KMC at the national level by the University Grants Commission for granting international accreditation is the latest example of its success. Based on its historical performance, this campus was selected in 2008 by the University Grants Commission (UGC) through a national competition for participation in the Quality Assurance and Accreditation (QAA) process.
For the purpose of obtaining QAA, KMC had prepared Self-Study Report (SSR) and submitted it to UGC for assessment. After several monitoring and evaluation visits, on 3rd to 7th Falgun of 2068, a high-level Peer Review Team (PRT) co-ordinated by Prof. Dr. Madhav Prasad Sharma and supported by Prof. Dr. Madhukar Seshadri (International Expert), Prof. Dr. Chandra Lal Shrestha, Prof. Dr. Hridaya Rantan Bajracharya, Prof. Dr. Kanaiya Mathema, Dr. Indira Shrestha and Sita Ram Dahal visited the campus for final evaluation.
Based on the assessment of the PRT, the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Committee of UGC has decided that the KMC has to address some recommendations towards completion of the accreditation process within 3 months period. Accordingly, KMC prepared a response report and action plan addressing the PRT recommendations and submitted them to UGC.
After the intensive review of the response report, UGC decided to accredit KMC. On Jestha 29, 2069, UGC held an Institutional Accreditation Award Ceremony and was awarded the QAA Certificate.
The Campus is effortful to maintain its historical creditability and quality of education in the future too by performing the following development initiations:
- Obtaining autonomy in designing the curriculum, conducting the examination and evaluating students’ performance.
- Program extension (lunching science and information technology related programmes and professional courses at the Bachelors and Master level such as BBM, BBA, MBA, MBM, HA, Staff Nursing etc.)
- Infrastructure development and enhancement of learning resources (construction of PG block, Science block, hostel and mega hall and purchasing more furniture, computers, projectors, books, lab equipments and sports materials)
- Enhancing the capacity of academic departments (supports for the faculty development and for the preparation of academic plans, student profile, student’s progress and feedback report and analyzing the performance of students on regular basis)
- Improving the teaching learning methods (Arrangement of refresher training for teachers, invitation of national and international experts as visiting professors, engaging teachers and students in research activities, providing career guidance to students and encouraging teachers to apply recent methods of learning and teaching).
- Creating national and international linkage for increasing the students’ exposure, faculty development and maintaining the financial base.
- As in the past, keeping good relationship with the society and industry.
- Bachelors of Business Management (BBM)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- Master of Business Studies (MBS)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) General
- Bachelors of Arts in Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Master of Arts (MA) in Nepali
- Master of Arts (MA) in Political Science
- Master of Arts (MA) in Sociology
- Master of Arts (MA) in Economics
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- One Year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- Master of Education (M.Ed) in Health Education
- M.Ed Curriculum and Evaluation
- M.Ed Education Planning and Management
- M.Ed English Language Education
- M.Ed Nepali Language Education
- Masters of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship (MBA-E)
Contact Details of Kailali Multiple Campus , Kailali
- Dhangadhi, Kailali, Nepal
- Administrative Department